The first wellness exam is a critical step in establishing the health of your puppy, so it is important to schedule an exam with us as soon as possible. At the Animal Medical Center, our Snout to Tail puppy exam will ensure your new best friend gets off to a healthy start.
Your puppy’s first exam will include:
- A snout to tail physical
- Heartworm prevention
- Intestinal parasite (worm) screening and deworming. We also want to teach you about the need for Heartworm prevention specific for the area we live in.
- External parasite (flea/tick) screening and parasite protection
- we want to make sure your dog is flea and tick free so we will freely educate you on the best and most current preventive for your puppy.
- Vaccines based on your puppy’s age and lifestyle
- Behavior and training recommendations
- Nutritional counseling
Your Puppy’s First Visit
In preparation for your puppy’s first visit with us, please provide us with all the health information given to you when you adopted your new puppy. Come prepared to share your new puppy, we love cuddling them!
Vaccinations and Your Puppy
We assess your lifestyle and your pet’s environment to determine which vaccinations are appropriate. Not every pet needs every vaccination! We’ll help you determine what is right for your family.
Just as vaccines protect your pet from disease, microchips help keep your puppy safe if they are lost or stolen. The unique identifier in your pet’s microchip will help bring them home safely, providing shelters and animal hospitals with your contact information to reunite you with your pet. For more information, visit our microchipping page.